So I am here after many months. It’s been a long time that I have not written anything. Err! Actually it’s been a long time that I have not posted anything! There have been several episodes with my solitude when I jotted and scribbled my thoughts, my days and my life. But, nothing has taken any form, been filtered or was framed to be read! Reason? Though, writing is one of my biggest interests, today I am left with a blank page, an empty mind with slow flashes of a few random thoughts and that are it!
Somewhere, sometime or someday, I think this would have happened to you as well. Isn’t it! You dwell in your thoughts, you do or you don’t have a plan and you really want to take one step further, but you don’t know where to start or perhaps how to proceed. It could be as simple as reviving your daily mundane or a compound issue like balancing your work life balance. Basically, your mind gets jaded, or cluttered or dimmed. Suddenly, you are stuck somewhere and don’t feel any association between you and nature. Then, what do you do?
The best thing which usually works is taking a break and engaging your moods in relaxing activities. No, I am not referring to any expensive spa treat, social activities or a holiday, but simple, subtle and short breaks which add a little zing or spunk in your routine life. Talking about that, I thought of jotting down the list of trouble-free activities which gives my myriad pleasure, relaxation and calmness –
- Writing – Yes, this post started with writing issues and I am here again. But, believe me, like all of you writing is the best thing for me to unwind! It is a wonderful feeling to express yourself, be comfortable and just BE YOU! Oh, that is so relieving and soothing to my senses. Be it a hobby, an interest or fondness, it’s so elevating to indulge in writing at any point.
- Music – I am sure that this is the most common recreational activity for anyone. Many refer music to just ‘pass time’ or hobby or liking, however music works the best. Whenever my decision making process slows down, I take a short break, listen to good music, loosen up a little and hit back. It could as sweet as humming to 1970s slow songs or swaying to the latest disco hits. By the way, for me singing and dancing also comes with the package!
- Movies – A tired routine, a tough task or a boring day; what could be a simple way to chill out than watching movies? I love the fact that cinema has a marvellous capacity to transfer you to a different unknown world in a jiffy. It makes you travel through different emotions, humours and realms of life. I am a big fan of movies not just because it provides entertainment, but it allows you to take a back seat, slow down and enjoy the moments. Again ‘by the way’, Bollywood works for me! Beyond all that drama, frills and fancies, and ‘naach-gaana’, I enjoy this little joy in my life.
- Foooood – Yes, I love food! Hmm, a few from the lot would have started imagining me a heavy bod munching chips and chocolates while writing this piece. Nah! I am a budding gourmand and I love to experiment with different varieties from different cuisines. Food is a wonderful outlet to beat the stress; either it’s cooking, hunting food recipes or relishing them, I love to indulge in heavenly delicacies. A vegetarian by birth, by choice and by love, I love spending my time savouring varieties of tastes, flavours and smells.
- Makeup – Yes, this is the loveliest part of being woman! Lipsticks, Eye shadows, Blushes, Bronzers, Nail Paints… Ooh La La! It’s such a simple thing to pat your tempers into makeup, but it makes a big difference in the routine. An extra stroke of mascara, an added shade of lip gloss or a surplus layer of foundation will add new colours to your schedule. I am sure all the makeup junkies will agree with me.
So, give it a break, clear your mind, loosen yourself, smile and get back!
Anyway, this is my list; would be great to know what works for you?