What do you want in 2018? This was the simplest question asked on a social group on Facebook in January. I find January the most exciting month of the year as many of us are high on new starts, new energy, practical and unrealistic resolutions, and yes End of Sale too! Entwined in this cheery fervour, I read a wide array of responses to this question. There were varied replies like –
- Ah! What about a holiday in Bahamas?
- Ooohh! That lovely MK Bag I was yearning for last few weeks!
- A romantic date with my boyfriend at Eiffel Tower. Wow!
- My kids to be super achievers
- Aladdin Genie! What say! End to all problems
- Ticket to Australia or Maldives
- A Magic Wand
- A Brand New IPhone
- A new car and yes a driving license
Well, apart from these, there were conventional responses like health, happiness, love, laughter, good vibes etc etc etc.
Yes, every wish, fantasy and desire was Bang On to add a dash of vibrant hues in our lives. Come On, who wouldn’t love to get a new car, phone or bag? Who would say no to a holiday? Who wouldn’t fancy a genie? The responses kept me thinking what I actually want in 2018. I was thinking of ‘A Dream Job’, ‘A fine body figure’, ‘A Happy House’ and obviously perfect health and love to all my dear and near ones.
While I was about to respond, another disparate thought fluttered in my mind. As I was thinking of big ambitions, goals, aspirations or whatever we call, I was comprehending on simple delights which we experience quite frequently but don’t realise how easily they add pleasant layers to our lives. Yes, as our big ambitions are definitely wished, required and hoped to add new dimensions and glam up our world, how about those mini dose of happy pockets we experience? They are equally influential and meaningful to pep up our routine, add a little imaginations and leave deep smiles.
Talking about the same, I have jot down a few itsy-bitsy delights which add a range of vivid shades into my daily palettes –
- A light foot massage with calming face mask
- Maggi and an old good favourite movie. Nostalgia!
- A relaxed and sensual meal (with good food!) with my partner
- Having dollops of my favourite sinful chocolate without any guilt
- Non judgemental, casual and upbeat conversations with close friend
- When someone unexpectedly appreciates me. Unforeseen compliments! Wow!
- Long nail art and makeup sessions with myself. Ooh la la!
- Genuinely making others smile. What a pleasure!
- Singing and dancing freely without any hesitation. How I love this !
- Laughing out loud with my dear bunch! What a carefree atmosphere!
And I realized one thing. It was not about spending money, acquiring fame or popularity which gave us pure delight. It is all about how they leave deep impressions in our lives to yearn more of these!
Well, I am no where ignoring the big aspirations I look forward to, I would love to experience loads and loads of tiny mini pleasures everyday to jazz up!
This was my list! How about you? How about your simple delights ?