A little life a little aspiration, a little love; every morning is a new creation welcoming bundles of wonderful vivid vibes into our lives. After the moon fades away in the shadows of the night, the sunshine unmasks the dawn which silently unwraps the spirit of enchanting morning beauty. Oh! It’s such a breath-taking treat to our senses; calm breeze caressing our souls, flower blossoms splashing its youthful fragrance to our moods and bird jingles relaxing our minds. Lovely!
Every morning, be it whichever season has its own sparkling charm. In spite of the unusual and unexpected wind, cold, rains and heat, every morning stirs up conveying something new to everyone. It brings immense variety of unheard, unsaid and unexplored opportunities knocking our doors. Everything looks so new, fresh and young passing gleaming warmth to the entire day. When soft sun-rays sliding into our windows brighten our homes, they bring a fortune of hope, warmth and love filling our spirits. When we are out of our deep slumber, it’s so important to pace yourself right and cherish the morning presence in solace. A serene environment, a calm mind and a peaceful spirit, is all what you need to kick-start the day.
But in today’s modern times, we are caught so much in hustle bustle of our hectic lives, it gets so difficult to enjoy and experience the natural splendour of life. Whatever our situations are, whichever phase we are into, our tensions, stress and our shortcomings are constant. Our minds are programmed as such that every morning when we wake up, we start thinking of our anxieties, glitches and qualms of all times. Instead of taking a little step back and loving ourselves, we tend to get trapped up in the unending race of life which ultimately exhausts us before it ends. Isn’t it?
Nevertheless, by God’s grace, our lives are likewise filled with compassion, achievements and joyful moments at various life junctures. Mornings are loaded with abundant pleasant energies and positive vibrations. Of course, they do not wipe our glitches nor they turn everything in our favour, but if we take an optimistic and beautiful approach to start our daily routine, our lives undoubtedly will be brighter, happier and sane.
Every day’s actions and deeds leads to our growth. Daily, when we wake up, we tend to mode our brains asking questions. We are always surrounded with the worries of the present and mysteries of future. Most importantly, we miss being kind to our own being. We miss relaxing our thoughts, trust on the new prospects and probabilities and savour the freshness every morning to offer. The real call of the hour is to shower a little kindness to our tender mornings. There is no point to rush ourselves too much in the unpredictable hours of the day. It’s so important to craft a modest sunrise ritual by spending around 30-45 minutes of the early morning with ourselves. Start taking small baby steps towards soothing our thoughts and cheering our feelings and then gradually you, me and everyone will see the results.
I am not contesting myself and everyone to get up very early and start the morning before sunrise. Honestly, I have immensely tried so much but I am just unable to do so. Alternately, I believe in waking up on time depending on our individual lifestyles and not being agitatedly in panic mode to start our routine. A few rituals which are lucid and easily augmented in our daily lives –
- Showing gratitude – What is the first thing you think every morning? That client meeting, menu for lunch or recording your favourite TV show. So many thoughts cropping up in a few seconds! No, never! Try to wake up with a clear mind and just be grateful for everything you have. Experience the humble morning hues of the day set to colour your life platter! As we start to view our worlds with goodness, we are will bring more and more into our lives.
- Avoid External Noise – In this technology obsessed world, the first object we pick up is our cell phones or tablets and check our emails, reminders, and social media and so on. From the first moment of the day, we are entrapped in all these distractions. Those emails can wait, those updates of our virtual friends can chill, and the important thing is to spend time with you.
- A pleasant aromatic bath – So, soak yourselves in scented oils and salts even before you start your day? Such a time consuming ritual when you don’t want to miss that train! Really? An aromatic bath is just not restricted to relaxing and moisturising your body, but also manages pain and battling stress and blood pressure. It provides a perfect balance to harmonise and promote the health of body, mind spirit. Just choose your preferred fragrant body wash gel or soap and wash away impurities, negativities and blocks from your cognizance. (And a long and extended aromatic experience can wait for the weekend)
- Meditation & Short Prayer – A silent remembrance of God in our lives. This is most soothing way to start your morning for each and every one of us! Every morning when we connect with God or guru for 5 minutes, it tranquillises our senses. And about meditation! This is not restricted to sages or mind gurus. A simple meditation by spending your personal time with you is one of the most effective ways channelize your positive energies. Just think of one thought or a phrase and concentrate.
- A healthy breakfast – OH! I missed it! As we lose water at night just by breathing, one glass of warm water is required to give you the energy to start your day. And about breakfast, this is not a new or a brilliant thing I am writing about. From our school days, we are aware of having a healthy breakfast to keep the momentum moving. But often we do avoid just because of the constant fear of meeting that rush hour. Just a little fruit or that small cup of milk and we are good to go! No! Skipping breakfast or consuming less may lead to blocking your mind power and over eating during the day. A good bowl of cereals and milk, Greek yoghurt, fruits or juice, tea, whatever you like, choose healthy, be healthy and eat right.
- Spend some time with yourself – You have already done enough in the wee hours! But still you are missing that special time with you! Spend little time admiring you and dressing up, listen to soft music, go for a quick morning walk, cook or whatever you may like. Do what you want to!
The world is waiting for us to conquer all the possibilities; tackle those tough times and replenish your life with happy moments. Instead of counting the challenges the day may offer, let’s start our day with those new young waves refreshing our souls and dressing our hearts with warmth, positivity and courage.
Dress and make up gracefully, Eat and Drink healthy, Smile and Show Up!